We work with the Port Washington School District to build education programs and events.
Welcome to PWGreen
PWGreen is a non-profit organization based in Port Washington, Long Island. We are a 100% volunteer environmental action group with a three-part mission for our Peninsula:
- Protecting Natural Areas
- Promoting Eco-Friendly Living
- Providing Environmental Education
Members of PWGreen are your friends and neighbors who are working together to protect our Port Washington environment. Inspired by nature and the diversity of life on the North Shore of Long Island, we strive to preserve the plants, animals and natural communities by protecting the lands and waters they need to survive and flourish. We believe that wild, natural places improve the quality of life for all who live here.
To achieve our mission we:
- Work with the Port Washington School District to enhance and leverage the Guggenheim property’s environmental and educational value.
- Sponsor educational events, such as nature walks.
- Participate in community events, such as clean ups and removal of invasive plants.
- Work with teachers to create environment-based learning programs in conformance with New York State science curriculum.
- Established an advisory board of recognized experts in botany, ecology and ornithology
Comments are much appreciated and assistance more then welcomed. Please feel free to contact us by email at PortWashingtonGreen@gmail.com